‘Managers Managing Pressure’ is the term used to describe a workshop designed to support management grades in developing a deeper knowledge and understanding of the causes of stress and the enhancement of psychological wellbeing in the workplace. The workshops, which are either one-day or half-day events, provide delegates with evidence-based but practical support, guidance, tools and techniques for the effective management of psychological wellbeing in themselves and others. Workshops are typically delivered at a venue close to the delegates’ normal place of work. The learning is achieved through a combination of media, including theory, discussion, reflection, activity and DVD.
Who is it for?
The workshop is for anyone whose job role involves the management, direction and support of a team. The learning emphasises a comprehensive approach that addresses prevention as well as management and treatment.
What will I learn?
'Managers Managing Pressure' workshops focus upon the following areas:
- Understanding the benefits of managing psychological wellbeing
- Understanding the relationship between pressure, stress and performance
- Recognising and responding to signs and symptoms of stress in self and others
- Conducting effective supportive conversations with team members
- Managing and promoting wellbeing at work
- Knowing where management responsibility for managing wellbeing begins and ends
- Clarifying personal strengths and values and learning how to draw on these
- Practical tools to strengthen personal resilience
- Building support networks
Find out more
To find out more about our Managers Managing Pressure workshops and how they may be beneficial to your organisation, please telephone our Edinburgh office on +44(0)131 229 6140 or email email@example.com. One of our consultants will be in touch as soon as possible.