This is an interactive 1-day course that engages and challenges participants to consider how they currently manage the stress of their team. This course will provide managers with the knowledge that they need to recognise the signs of stress in their team and intervene where appropriate.
Feedback gained from 67 managers who had attended this course in the previous year revealed that:
- 67% had more awareness of stress in the workplace
- 70% would be more likely to intervene if they noticed the signs of stress in a colleague
- 76% were more aware of what was required to manage the pressure on the team
- 54% had done things differently since attending the course
- 97% (247 people questioned) of attendees would recommend the course to a colleague
- Understand the difference between pressure, stress and their impact on employee health, wellbeing and performance
- Appreciate the main causes of pressure and stress in both work and non-work environments and the impact of individual differences
- Recognise signs of excessive pressure or stress and deal effectively with individual cases who seem to be suffering;
- Become clearer about what is expected of you as a manager in terms of legal and HSE compliance and best practice
- Distinguish between action at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of intervention and understand how to make interventions effective
- Engage in meaningful discussion on the topic with an external expert and with colleagues, through case-studies, exercises and questions
For more information contact Johnny Mitchell.