Alan is a Chartered Occupational Psychologist and HPC Registered Psychologist with around 20 years’ experience (gained in the UK and the Middle East) in OD and Organisational Change interventions. He has extensive experience of both the Private and Public sectors.
He has a particular interest in helping organisations find, develop and retain good leaders. He has led significant projects in areas such as Leadership Assessment and Development, 360 Degree Feedback Systems, Competency Frameworks, Talent Management Strategies, Coaching and Team Facilitation.
Recent / Current Work:
- Working within several major UK Government Departments, all of the UK’s Devolved Governments and the UAE’s leading Government Department. Organisational interventions included 360 Degree Feedback, Leadership Development, Coaching, Competency Frameworks, Training Needs Audits, Assessment and Development Centres, and Team Facilitation.
- Private sector talent management and selection projects within UK, Europe and the Middle East, including several leading multinational companies.
- Director of Assessment and Development Centres for the Gulf’s largest Occupational Psychology Consultancy, managing a mixed-nationality team of Psychologists and HR Professionals involved in the assessment and development of clients in English and Arabic from a wide variety of nationalities.
- Co-author of the Scenarios tools, psychometric measures of Managerial Judgement used in around 70 countries worldwide.
- Delivery of accredited training programmes for leading psychometric tools such as OPQ, WAVE, Firo B, and for Assessment and Development Centre related programmes such as Assessor Skills and Designing & Delivering Assessment and Development Centres.
- Regular speaker at British Psychological Society conferences on current Business Psychology topics.